Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

We live on private property being used for RV parking, both

Customer Question

We live on private property being used for RV parking, both temporary and long term. The landlord gave permission and provided access to using water for outside plants a small garden for the first year May -Sept 2016 were the first. Months of use. This year he is angry at our closest neighbor on the property and has repeatedly made it more difficult to. his most recent refusal to allow us to have access to water for our plants because he is angry with my husband for govong
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the RV?
Customer: Sorry, The explanation apparently went longer than space allowed. The RV is 2003. Do we have any recourse because his reason for withholding water is his anger at my husband for befriending the neighbor and giving him our empty cans to return for $. This was told to me todaybe the landlord.We are in Oregon
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Water for household use is accessed from a year round creek that there are water rights for. This is only the latest in a long list of bullying actions the landlord. Uses to controll those of us who live here.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** Thank you for your question. I will be happy to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Does your lease give you the right to have access to the water for outside plants?Do you have any written permission from the landlord that is still valid that allows you to have access to the water for the purpose of watering your plants?