Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

O'Sullivan and live ar 2 Thurlow Terr. 5H AlbanyNY Right now…

Customer Question
Hi, I am James...

Hi, I am James O'Sullivan and live ar 2 Thurlow Terr. 5H AlbanyNY Right now our hot water is not working I tried calling the maintenance # and that sys the voicemail is not setp

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

We are supposed to get heat and hot water. This is a Seniors/Disabled building and has HUD

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Albany,NY 12203

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't know what else to ask

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
7/29/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, eligible to practice in front of state and federal court, who is ready to help. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here to see my ratings information) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. This appears to be a violation of the implied warranty (promise) of habitability. All residential leases and rental agreements contain an implied warranty of habitability. Under the "implied warranty of habitability," the landlord is legally responsible for repairing conditions that seriously affect the rental unit's habitability. That is, the landlord must repair substantial defects in the rental unit and substantial failures to comply with state and local building and health codes. However, the landlord is generally not responsible under the implied warranty of habitability for repairing damages that were caused by the tenant or the tenant's family, guests, or pets. To help facilitate the situation, you may want to click here to download a “Complaint to Landlord” template. The template only costs $10 and the company that owns the template sends it securely in an email usually 1-2 business days after your purchase.

Follow up questions are free, so please feel free to ask away. You can also click here in the future to request me individually. If you don’t have any additional questions, were you satisfied with my service today?

The bot***** *****ne is, the landlord must fix the hot water or else he will suffer the consequences.