Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

How do I serve the 30 day notice on someone in jail

Customer Question
Hey how do I serve...
Hey how do I serve the 30 day notice on someone in jail
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
7/29/2017
Lawyer: barristerinky, Attorney replied 11 months ago
barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

.

You would actually go to the jail and deliver the notice to the jailers and have them physically deliver it to the person who was incarcerated. Or you can pay the local sheriff to serve it on the person in jail.

.

As an aside, in addition to being an attorney, I have also been a landlord for over 26 years...

..

.

thanks

Well there a couple hours away

Then you can contact the local sheriff, mail or fax them the notice, and have them serve it on the tenant.

.

.

thanks

Ok thank you

You are very welcome. Happy to help any time.

.

It was my pleasure to work with you and help with your question. If you ever need me in the future, you can post a new question with "For Barrister" in the caption and the JustAnswer employees will get it to me.

.

If you feel I have answered all your questions, I would very much appreciate a 5 star rating by clicking on the rating scale on your screen as that is the only way I receive credit for my work.

.

.

Thanks much

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much