Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

My landlord has threatened to have my temporary pods storage

Customer Question

My landlord has threatened to have my temporary pods storage unit towed if it isn't moved in 24 hours. He did not contact me that there was a problem with the unit being in the parking lot, the company actually called me and said the landlord threatened them with towing it. There are no assigned parking spots so I'm not taking anyone's spot. When I tried to explain the unit was set to be picked up in 48 hrs there was no reasoning with him. His logic was that it would damage the parking lot and I did not get his permission, even though the unit is only going to be here for 48 hrs. Anyone/thing staying longer than a week needs his approval. Is he able to tow the unit without sufficient notice?
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you know who owns the lot?
Customer: I'm in Racine, Wisconsin. The complex is called Greenbrier and I believe he owns them
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not that I know of. The container was dropped off at 4pm Monday and he is threatening to have it towed if it's not moved by 4pm Tuesday. The scheduled pick up is Wednesday. I called pods and they're booked for Tuesday so there's no one to pick it up until Wednesday
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The landlord's name is*****
Expert:  Michael Bradley replied 2 months ago.
How long has it been sitting in the parking lot?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Since 4:12pm Monday.

and why did they threaten to have it moved?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
He says there not allowed in the parking lot because they could damage the lot.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
39;they're'

that sounds ridiculous.

if the property is damaged they could find you liable but that company should know what to do

is it still there?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Exactly! There's no damage. It's still here. Yesterday he said it'll be towed at 4:00, today he said 4:30. I talked to the company and if it's towed, I'll have to pay the towing fee for them to pick it up from wherever it's towed to.

from what you have told me there is nothing illegal that you are doing

I am guessing the lease does not deal with this.

Are you moving out