Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I need to discuss a landlord-tenant question with someone

Customer Question

I need to discuss a landlord-tenant question with someone who understand Hawaii laws. How do I request this?
JA: Does this involve a written or oral agreement? Is it a month-to-month lease or fixed term?
Customer: We signed a DIY 1-year lease (drafted by me) which they are breaking after 4 months.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Are you connecting me to someone knowledgable about HAWAII tenancy law?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  MDLawyer replied 2 months ago.

Hi. Thank you for using the Just Answer website. What exactly is your legal question so that I know if I can be of assistance. Are you simply wanting to know what your legal recourse is for their breaking the lease?

Expert:  MDLawyer replied 2 months ago.

Also, are you the landlord? When you say that you drafted a DIY lease, did you use a template at all or did you just make something up on your own? If you used a template, was it a HI specific template?