Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

In Texas, I need to know if a tenant is parked in your RV

Customer Question

In Texas, I need to know if a tenant is parked in your RV parked and has not paid rent as we go to the process of eviction can
we disconnect the meter of the electrical/water especially when 2 month have passed ? The judge the first time told us that the 3 day notice was not right and we needed to go back and file for 10 day notice . What is the law on RV parks in Texas ? Is it treated like mobile homes ? They keep changing the rules for RV parks .
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 2 months ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. My recommendation would be to not disconnect the electricity and water from the RV. The reason is because this would violate the implied warranty of habitability which says that no matter what you're going to provide at least some minimum level of human habitation which almost always includes electricity and water. Under Tx law, “To be able to evict someone for nonpayment of rent or other amounts owed of at least one month’s rent, the landlord must notify them in writing that the payment is delinquent, and the payment is not tendered in full by the 10th day after the day the tenant receives the notice.” Accordingly the 10-day notice is what applies.

Follow up questions are free, so please feel free to ask away. You can also click here in the future to request me individually. If you don’t have any additional questions, were you satisfied with my service today?