How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Gonzalez Your Own Question
Michael Gonzalez
Michael Gonzalez,
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 538
Experience:  Managing Member at EWF Title, LLC
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Michael Gonzalez is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I rent a small portian of my agricultural land to a

Customer Question

can I rent a small portian of my agricultural land to a co.licenced medical marijuana person for his personal use
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: colarado
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: can I rent a small part of my augricultural land to a privet person that has a valid medical marijuana licence.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Michael Gonzalez replied 2 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.Property owners may allow their properties to be used for marijuana consumption, storage, cultivation, and sale. They are also specifically authorized by the law to prohibit or regulate these activities on their properties, if they wish.
The provisions of section 16 do not change the fact that possession, consumption, and cultivation of marijuana remains a federal crime. The U.S. Department of Justice has indicated until now that it will not intervene in states that have enacted laws permitting and regulating marijuana use. However, while unlikely, there is no guarantee that the federal government will not attempt to seize rent money that you will receive.Notwithstanding the above, it is recommended to consult a local attorney to protect your rights and interests.
Expert:  Michael Gonzalez replied 2 months ago.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Rating me costs you nothing. Thank you.