Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

I age 75 & my daughter age 52 have a court date to be

Customer Question
evicted in two weeks. We...
I age 75 & my daughter age 52 have a court date to be evicted in two weeks. We are both on social security disability. We were given 30 days to move by May 1st. 2 days after the notice my son in law who was also disabled died and we no longer had his 2000 dollar income. We were left to pay all the funeral costs​ and a6
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I aged 75 and my daughter aged 52 have a court date to be evicted in two weeks we both are on Social Security disability and we're given 30 days to move by May 1st 2 days after the notice my son-in-law to has also being on disability died and we no longer had his $2,000 and monthincome we were left to pay all the funeral cost and all the bills bills that he normally would pay. Long story short in many reasons we were unable to find a place to live until now the same time served with an eviction notice.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: We cannot move two our new place until August 11th
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The court date is in two weeks
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
7/14/2017
Lawyer: RobertJDFL, Attorney replied 4 months ago
RobertJDFL, Attorney

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. My condolences on the loss of your son-in-law. I understand the facts, but what is your specific question? Are you asking if you can actually be evicted?

We live in Idaho. We just got notice I don't think anything's been reported or filed I what I want to know if there's any way we can stop the eviction notice and what we can do to extend the court date so we can so we can move into our other place on the 11th of August
I'm sorry I'm sorry we don't have$57 to spend so I guess I will pass have to pass

The phone call request comes automatically from the site, you can ignore it, and we can chat here.

I still don't have$59 to spend. I'm sorry

Alright, please email customer service at***@******.*** and they'll process a refund for you. I'll also let customer service know for you. Take care.

Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer