Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

We tried to Sub lease the apartment with an agreement to

Customer Question

Hi All,We tried to Sub lease the apartment with an agreement to clean the apartment with professional and hand over . We signed the lease as well . Now when we checked the apartment on the move in day , it is not clean and in fact have damages and need the painting and carpet cleaning . We told that , we will get the apartment clean and send the bill to them and from there on wards what ever is there we are responsible for the damages
.The person did not agree to that and asked us to bare all the costs . now we want to move out of the lease and he applied for the rental restriction at the office and asked us to bare the rent till the next tenant takes over it .
Is it a law that , we will have to bare the rent although we did not move in to the apartment ?
IS there any way we can get out of the lease ?Thanks,
Sharmila
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 3 months ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, Most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi There ,Can you please let me know if you need any additional information on this .Thanks,
Sharmila

Would you be interested in a phone call to discuss this? The phone calls are an additional $60, but they're often extremely valuable and it is a significantly discounted rate from my normal hourly fee.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
hi there,Can you please provide the solution here instead of call .Thanks,
Sharmila
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I did no get any response for the above question , but the amount $51 is deducted from the card .Thanks,
Sharmila

I can understand the confusion. Please hold for just one moment and I'll respond to your question in writing.

I’m sorry for the delay. Can you clarify something for me? So are you the landlord or are you the tenant that subleased the apartment?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi ,It is a rental apartments(leasing company) , Either the other party or us are not the landlords .
The other person with whom we have an issue is primary on the lease and we are secondary .Thanks,
Sharmila

i'm sorry, but I'll have to opt out of this question.

This question will go back out into the queue of experts and you won't be charged anything extra win another expert takes the question over.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok sure thank you so much for your time . but whom should I approach , I mean which expert will be able to help me .Thanks,
Sharmila

Hi Sharmila. Actually, any one of our attorney experts will be able to help out. It's just a matter of time:-)