rayanswers
rayanswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a Texas lawyer dealing in landlord tenant
8534270

I have a person that I let stay in my trailer on my

Customer Question

I have a person that I let stay in my trailer on my property, I am starting eviction proceedings. How long does it take to remove him in PA.
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: No lease
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Pennsylvania
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He destroyed the trailer inside.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  rayanswers replied 11 days ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expect this to take about 30-45 days before hearing and getting them out.If you have already sent notice then you are ready to file and serve.Overall it takes this period of time to resolve this and get them out here.

Reference to the process

https://patch.com/pennsylvania/canon-mcmillan/the-ins-and-outs-of-evicting-tenants

Pennsylvania law (the Landlord and Tenant Act of 1951) controls the eviction of tenants renting a home in Pennsylvania for nonpayment of rent and other lease violations. Landlords may not take self-help measures, such as changing locks or removing tenant’s property, to force a tenant to move out. Instead, landlords most follow specific procedures, beginning with serving a “Notice to Quit” on the tenant. (68 Pa. Cons. Stat. Ann. § 250.501.)

he Landlord and Tenant Act of 1951 outlines specific steps the landlord must take to properly serve the eviction complaint on the tenant so that a hearing will be set before a judge or magistrate.

A form for filing a landlord and tenant complaint may be found at http://www.pacourts.us/Forms. Select “For the Public,” scroll down the webpage to locate the “Landlord” heading and select the form titled “Landlord Tenant Complaint.”

The landlord should bring extra copies of the completed Landlord and Tenant Complaint form to the courthouse and expect to pay a filing fee to begin the eviction lawsuit process. The court clerk will process the landlord’s complaint and set the matter for a hearing. The landlord will need to serve the tenant with a copy of the complaint and the date of the hearing.

The hearing may result in a judgment granting delivery of the property to the landlord and a money judgment against the tenant for rent, damages, and costs. If the tenant continues to occupy the property even after the court issues an order for the tenant to move, an Order of Possession must be obtained by the landlord from the court whereby the tenant will be legally and physically evicted by a court officer or sheriff.

See 68 Pa. Cons. Stat. Ann § 502 through 521 for details on eviction lawsuits in Pennsylvania.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated/

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you

You are so welcome,thanks for rating 5 stars at top of page, good luck here.