Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I was served ae3 day notice to quit the premises i reside on

Customer Question

Good afternoon, i was served ae3 day notice to quit the premises i reside on the property of my girlfriend's house. She is currently staying at a care facility from injuries sustained at hospital since july 2015. Me and my girlfriend have been together since Oct 2006. While in hospital my girlfriend granted power of attorney to her son. I have not been paying rent since her admission to hospital. Me and my girlfriend came to a mutual agreement i watch over her house until she becomes able to return
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: A 3 day notice to quit was placed on the door from Fast Eviction Service
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: About a week ago i brought my mom to house to help her temporarily from a recent broken hip injury
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Michael Bradley replied 1 month ago.

Is anyone paying the rent?