How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 46
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are finalizing our divorce in court and my husband wants

Customer Question

We are finalizing our divorce in court and my husband wants his condo back he owns it before our marriage. We signed an agreement offering me an incentive to leave but I don't have a place to go. There is no penalty put by Court if I don't leave only monetary incentives to help me leave which is not much. Is there a way I can stay in his condo with our child even after I signed the court agreement that I will leave? Thanks.
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Expert James replied 4 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience. Please give me some time to consider your question.

Expert:  Expert James replied 4 months ago.

What does the agreement say, specifically, about the incentives and leaving? And is this part of an order by the court? Has anything changed hands according to the agreement?