Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

Can the section 8 hud office where i live at terminate ne as

Customer Question

Can the section 8 hud office where i live at terminate ne as a landlord and remove my tenants from my building when their leases are up?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Pa
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: No terms have been broken
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: just need to know if there is anything i can do about this torture.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Michael Bradley replied 1 month ago.

Where in Pennsylvania are you located?
What information has HUD given you as justification to remove your tenants under section 8 housing?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Altoona pa. None. I called to get a contract corrected 3 weeks ago and they would not fix it, So i called the Pittsburgh hud office and they got it corrected and 3 days later i got told i was losing my landlord privileges to rent to section 8 tenants.

From what you are telling me it does not seem like they have given you a reason why they are removing the tenants. I can't imagine it would be because you asked to fix your contract. When does your contract at this point expire?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When their leases expire they will not renew them with me. They to pay full rent or move to another section 8 landlord.

They must have given you a reason why they are taking away your privilege to rent to section 8. Do you have any paperwork with regards ***** *****?