Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

My renter is running a dog boarding and grooming business

Customer Question

My renter is running a dog boarding and grooming business out of my property...i just found out through ads online...it is under rent to own, contract through indepentant contractor..that has 3yr to buy...its been 2yr....this independent company apparently knew from very beginning this was the case...and has deceived me....i do not want trouble or to allow illegal use of my property...i believe my contract to independent company that subleased my property that we are in breech of contract....he says OUR CONTRACT BINDING AND HE CAN DO WHAT HE WANTS WITH MY PROPERTY...please advise
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 1 month ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am an attorney with Just Answer. One moment while I review your question.
The answer to your question is that this is probably not legal. The reason is because every contract has an implied Covenant that each party is going to act in good faith to one another. All this means is that each party is not going to prohibit the other party from enjoying the benefits of the contract and will act in good faith to perform the contract. This is in every single contract. If the company that you contracted with was aware that you did not want a dog related business in your home, but they knew of it anyway then it's going to be considered a breach of contract.
You may want to consider bringing your claim in small claims court for breach of contract. Or, it might be better to renegotiate your contract and have that other party make sure the person stops those activities. Did you have any follow-up questions? If not, were you satisfied with my service today?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Very vague....response....i could have gotten this much on my own for free...but thank you....
If you'd like, you can upload a copy of your contract and I can tell you for sure.
Please note that without seeing all of the facts and unless you are in a court of law you will not get a 100 percent definite answer. Regardless, I can help you improve your chances.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please take me off this account.....common sense would have been able to give answers u did...i want off this ....thank you though....
Sure thing. Beat of luck. You will need it in your case.