Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I did not meet the sherrif outside 2-27- chicago ill. non…

Customer Question
I did not meet...

I did not meet the sherrif outside 2-27-

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is the property located in? And has anyone consulted a local attorney about this?

Chicago ill.

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

Non payment of rent

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How do i refile at the clerks office

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
5/11/2017
Lawyer: barristerinky, Attorney replied 1 year ago
barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Are you saying you are a landlord, evicted someone, got a judgment and then didn't follow through with the set out back in Feb?

.

Has the tenant remained in the property since then until now?

.

Have they paid any rent since then?

.

.

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
she has remained on the property from then to now.
she has not paid rent

Ok, then that writ would have long since expired and I would opine that a judge would not enforce it any longer since so much time has passed and the tenant has remained on the property. So I am afraid that you will have to start all over with a new eviction action starting with a new 5 day notice to pay rent and then getting an new judgment against the tenant and a new writ that the sheriff would then meet you on the property to execute and do the set out.

.

.

thanks