How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 118255
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years experience.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son and his 2 boys moved supposedly for 2 weeks. Paying

Customer Question

My son and his 2 boys moved supposedly for 2 weeks. Paying me $50.00 a week. I have only received 4 payments in 5 years. He doesn't try to keep a job because after all his living quarters are free. He pays no bills and I am on social security and work part time to try to pay bills. H says he buys the groceries but questions me what I eat so I just buy my own groceries. The boys are now 4 and 5 years old. He is very rude to me and will not help me in anyway. @2 weeks have turned to almost 5 years. What can I do? Gretchen Neighbors
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No not yet I didn't know what to do
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My son has been fired or lost several jobs. He had rather sleep.
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You do not have to allow him to remain in your residence, but you would have to treat him like a tenant. This means that you need to give him a 30 day written notice to leave or be evicted. If he does not leave in 30 days, then you have to go to the local court and file a petition for eviction and have the court forcibly remove him from the premises. If he does not leave when the court orders him to do so, then the court will send the sheriff to remove him by force.
You have to be willing to take the legal steps necessary to have him removed from your property if you want this to end.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.