Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

We are a little more than a month behind on our rent. When

Customer Question

Hi, We are a little more than a month behind on our rent. When we noticed we cannot pay the rent a few months ago we told the landlord we want to leave. We found an apartment for half the rent and we provided his contact number. at the time we had only two late payments(that were eventually paid) and the new apartment was OK with up to three late payments. The landlord lied and said that we were late more than three times and then asked us to resign a lease. He did this on purpose so we will re sign. We sent the new apartment proof that this is not so, but they said that unfortunately, they have to speak to the landlord and get his OK. So we couldn't move out...and were trapped into staying here...and we couldn't afford this place any more. Now after being late for over a month the landlord sent us a notice to either pay within three days or get out. We can't get out because we don't have money to move out. We could have moved out if he hadn't done this to us a few months ago. I have all the proof and emails with the place we were going to move to..
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation,