Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  Commercial and residential leases in NY & NJ & US
18695994

How log does it take to get the actual response to my

Customer Question

how log does it take to get the actual response to my question when asked?
JA: What state is the property located in? And has anyone consulted a local attorney about this?
Customer: North Carolina ...no but I know the law and just need to find a certain statute but I need an immediate answer as I am at the court house and ready to file my motion
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: no It is a generic question I just need to know that if a landlord was granted possession 2/21 and acceted the rent in full and it was paid and greater than the amount on the order, can they then file a writ in may. The tenant's account is at $0.00 and they filed on 5/5 and we have a pending writ to be executed this week. Where is it in the law that if they accept payment they have to seek possession again
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I need an immediate answer though
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

If you tender the rent before a final eviction that is accepted that is a defense.

(N.C. Gen. Stat. § 42-33.)

Here is a link that discusses the issue. http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/tenant-defenses-eviction-notices-north-carolina.html

If I have answered all your questions, please highly rate my answer as that is how I receive credit. If you have more questions, please let me know. If the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus.