Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have a tenant that plays very loud music and other tenants

Customer Question

I have a tenant that plays very loud music and other tenants and neighbors are complaining. I have spoken to my tenant but her boyfriend and son keep playing the loud music
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Compton, California
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: actually there is no lease agreement. My father and I were co-owners of these 3 properties but he passed away last September.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: how should I go about giving notice or should I evict them. The tenant recently brought her son to live in the property without telling me.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

You need to give the Tenant a three- day written notice to stop playing loud music or move out--this is notice to comply or vacate the premises. If the loud music is still being played after the three day notice, then you can proceed with eviction action against the Tenant. For more information on the eviction process, click here.

Goodluck with your case,