How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 46
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

HUD Building being renovated and tenants with disabilities

Customer Question

HUD Building being renovated and tenants with disabilities are expected to leave their apts, pack everything and since they have been working there is leakage through the whole building. This cannot be healthy,
JA: Does this involve a written or oral agreement? Is it a month-to-month lease or fixed term?
Customer: We all have leases which we signed with this new company.
JA: Landlord-tenant law varies by city and state. Where is the property located?
Customer: Mound, Minnesota
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: There are people here much worse off than me and I think it is horrific how they are being treated. There is more I just don't know where to begin.
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

Are your relocation expenses being paid by the landlord? Is there a specific question you have about what is occurring?

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions