Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years experience.
10285032

If one reaches the income threshod of 200000 and the

Customer Question

if one reaches the income threshod of 200000 and the apartment becomes deregulated can one have their rent lowered if your income goes below 200000?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: thisrule is for new York city ny
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If your income changes and you again become qualified for rent regulation, you would need to reapply for the rental regulation assistance to get the rental regulation put back in place.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.