Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I have two family members who abandoned belongings at two of…

Customer Question
I have two family...

I have two family members who abandoned belongings at two of my residences on December 12, 2016. I have sent them a certified letter from a lawyer requesting that they make arrangements to pick up their clothing, personal items, by the end of February 2017. They did not respond. I gave them another letter on February 15th witnessed by another person demanding that they remove everything by February 28th. They did nothing. I can have a sherrif serve them another notice tomorrow to remove the property which would fill a 6 x 10 storage unit. Can I legally remove the items to a storage unit or have them delivered to one of their daughters' home?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Massachusetts

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I sent them a certified letter on January 5th and delivered a witnessed letter on February 15, 2017.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have charged them with grand larceny theft in two counties and forgery of a check. They have several pending pretrialcourt dates.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2017
Lawyer: LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney replied 1 year ago
LandlordTenantAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

If you move them to a storage locker, are you will to pay the cost for this?