Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I'm trying to understand why the judge decided my tenants…

Customer Question
I'm trying to understand why...
I'm trying to understand why the judge decided my tenants proved stress as irreparable injuries in Preliminary Injunction hearing. My tenant said:- (biggest complain) the house was not clean and wanted me to forward house photos to the cleaning company who cleaned the house. I didn't forward house photos, instead I wanted to send the cleaning company to inspect/correct. However, tenant didn't provide property access.
- there is a crack on the tile in the shower.
- her daughter's room electricity got tripped once.
- the backsplash fell.
- they have to press twice on one of the toilet handles.
- they have to oil the locks from time to time.
- several other small things like the above.Thanks.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Answered in 6 days by:
3/16/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

None of those things meet the level of irreparable harm, especially if you were making repairs as required. Even if you were not making repairs quickly, those are minor issues and I have no clue why the judge would say that is irreparable harm unless he is giving the time to come to court with their actual evidence. You need to move the court to vacate the injunction arguing that there is nothing in any of those claims that amounts to irreparable anything.