Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I would like to know how much time must a land lord give

Customer Question

i would like to know how much time must a land lord give 7you to vacant their Also we are disable
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Alabama......its because they have not taken care of rats in the attic
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: Yes they are suppose to take care of any problem....i called someone that they use and they told me by law the landlords was suppose to do this
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: What about making comments about our illness
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LandlordTenantAnswer replied 7 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Can you share with me the basis for which the landlord is asking the tenant to vacate?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Because they want to sell the house
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
you call me????? Are you taking more funds out of my account while we are chatting

Thank you for the reply. If there is no lease agreement in place and the tenant rents month to month, the landlord would need to provide them at least a 30 day ( one month) notice, to end the tenancy, if they want to sell the home. Now, if there is a lease agreement in place, the tenant can stay and remain until it expires, unless there is language in the lease, that would allow the landlord to terminate it early, if they want to sell.

No, there is no need for any call

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
not happy at all
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
do i get a refund because so far you keep asking for money

Can you share with me what additional information I can provide? You asked about the notice which the landlord must give and I shared that with you above

A call is an extra feature. You do not have to request it or pay for it.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
you took out more money then what we agree on really sad

If you have any issues, please contact customer service and they can assist. I am a user likely yourself.