How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legalgems Your Own Question
legalgems, attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 10022
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
legalgems is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The tenant next to me harasse me what i have to do?

Customer Question

the tenant next to me harasse me what i have to do?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: california
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: it"s months to month but im" a older personnenot married and he take avantage of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really he just abuse drogues!
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  legalgems replied 6 months ago.

Good Day!A few minutes please as I review your question so I can provide you with legal information. Thanks!

Expert:  legalgems replied 6 months ago.

I am very sorry to hear this;

One can notify the landlord and they have an obligation to stop any such behavior.

entitled to the peaceful use of the premises.

These are implied in every lease and cannot be waived.

The landlord is responsible for tenant's behaviors.

Another option is to apply to the court for a restraining order.

Lastly one can contact the police as that may be a criminal offense

please see the statute here:


Post here please

No further questions?

kindly rate positively!

all information is legal

information only and

does not constitute

specific legal advice

or a particular course

of action. Thank you.

Expert:  legalgems replied 6 months ago.

Checking to see how the above worked out for you.
If you decide to hire an attorney:

Here is a link to the bar association's legal referral site:

Thank you for using JA!

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions