Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Experience representing landlords and tenants.
11313492

I signed a 10-year lease about 15 years ago, after a while

I signed a 10-year lease about 15 years ago, after a while we changed to month-to-month for about 7 years ago. I am going to close the business. My question is:
1-Will i be responsible for the damage of air conditioners and others in the premise?
2-What can the landlord charge me?
3-How about wear-and-tear?
Thank you. King Ta

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

is the lease with the business entity? did you sign anything personally? personal guaranty or good guy guaranty?

awaiting your reply, thanks.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Personal guaranty
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My English is limited and I have been paying you monthly for years
Normally tenant is liable for any unpaid rent, damage beyond normal wear and tear. So if an ac needs upgrading that falls on landlord not tenant. A guarantor is normally only liable for tenant obligations such as rent and damage beyond wear and tear. Make sure to have photos and walk through to confirm condition. Deposit should be returned less any cost of damage beyond wear and tear.Kindly rate me five stars.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your answer. it is very good. But, i still want to know two more things:
-Since we change from a 10-years lease term to month-to-month, is there any differences in responsibility of tenant between those two. We are closing the business. I do not know what they might ask me to reimburse or to pay the landlord.
-Can i make an employment verification for an employee who does not have legal paper. Please provide me briefly what i can write on the verification. What is my responsibility?
Thank you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
17 January 2017 09:19
Thank you

1. No change.

2. You can verify dates of employment. If does not have legal papers, you should not continue to employ until secures papers.