Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years experience.
10285032

I live in NH and am being evicted with a 30 days notice to

Customer Question

i live in NH and am being evicted with a 30 days notice to vacate my apartment so they can renovate. Is there anything i can do?
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: For my unit? Or for the building? The building itself has been haulted mid construction for almost two years. With bare plywood floors in the hallways. And washer and dryer units that don't work
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, the building belongs to the landlord. This means that if the landlord provides a proper 30 day eviction notice the tenant cannot fight to stay in the premises if there is no lease in writing guaranteeing them to stay for a longer time. So, if you do not have a lease and it is a month to month tenancy, you cannot fight eviction and win. If you have a written lease that has more time on it remaining, you can fight to enforce your written lease as written and make them allow you to remain until the lease expires or buy you out for the remaining months on the lease.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.