Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

My landlord won't accept my rent that was due two days ago

Customer Question

my landlord won't accept my rent that was due two days ago and know he said he wants to enter my room at 3pm .can a landlord enter my room without notice
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: pomona ,ca and i'm 64 years old and had a stroke 30 days ago
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: no contract but i've been here 4 years
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes my landord is just a renter also
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a CA licensed attorney for more than 3 decades.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge of just $16 more I can offer you a personal phone conference during which there is no limitation on the number of questions you can ask of me, as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

1. Why did your landlord refuse to accept your rent payment?

2. Has the landlord given you notice of the termination of your tenancy already?

3. Why does he want to come into your room?

4. When did he tell you he wants to come into your room?

5. Are you caught up on your rent other than this month which was refused?

Doug

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Call please
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I accepted offer are you going to call me?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry for any confusion. You need to check the small box and then click on the accept icon. Your accept of the call was not processed yet. I will call you as soon as the cal is processed.

Doug

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It wouldnt accept my payment i don't understand my card is good now what
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It accepted the first one
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

It may be a glitch in the site. If you contact customer service at(###) ###-####they can help you get the problem cleared up.

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Let me make the offer again and maybe it will work.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Same error after i contact customer service can they get me back to you my email may not work
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

You are back with me but I can't imagine what the problem is. Customer service should have been able to help you.

Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

I do note that the site thinks that you are in Canada. You might mention to customer service that you are in CA and NOT Canada.