How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 57751
Experience:  Experience representing landlords and tenants.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been a participant of the HUD Dallas Housing

This answer was rated:

I have been a participant of the HUD Dallas Housing Authority subsidized housing (rental) assistance program for over 15 years. They have suddenly terminated me from the program because I was unable to respond to a minor problem due to the factor that I am currently in a physical rehabilitation center related to an injury I recently incurred. They forwarded me a letter regarding the problem, but because I am a patient here, I did not receive it. I have since rectified the problem, however they say it may be too late. They recommend that I go in-person tomorrow to the Main office to see if there is any way I might be reinstated into the program. In your opinion, how can I best advocate for my case and to whom could I turn to for recourse if they are adamant and not willing to cooperate? Without their help, Imay not be able to find decent and safe housing. Thank you.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

You should be able to secure reinstatement since the breach was minor and has been cured. You can suggest that unless this is done you will file a lawsuit to get a court order to that effect, and go to the press about an illegal winter eviction taking place and taking advantage of your injury. You can do this yourself or retain a public services lawyer to assist. You should ask for a supervisor who should have more authority to resolve this for you.

Kindly rate me 5 stars.

Is the answer acceptable?

Infolawyer and other Landlord-Tenant Specialists are ready to help you