How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 56885
Experience:  Experience representing landlords and tenants.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I recently have had a trial in the small claims

Customer Question

I recently have had a trial in the small claims court,housing court in Springfield Mass.It was about a complaint filed from our ex-tenant over a security deposit return issue.The magistrate was VERY BIAS towards me as a landlord and from the findings and conclusions of this trial and her order,appears that not only she did not hear my side,but did not even took in consideration any admissible evidence.Evidence was either not accepted or whatever was accepted was not taken in consideration.The fact that i already have send the security deposit to the tenant(wanted to show my good intentions and forget the damages and other loses) was not taken in consideration.Most importantly in that court room i found out that my attorney,hired for that case and denied to represent me at this trial,was disbarred.Then i had to represent my self.That trial was not a fair trial for me by any point of view.It is prejudged,and further more of what i saw the judge and the opponent's attorney seemed to be a click.Now I want to appeal ,but in my residence state.Can I do that and how? And further more,my attorney committed fraud towards me.He took money as legal fees for representation in this matter,did nothing,and left me naked while he was in the case for 9 months.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 8 months ago.
You have a few options. Consider pursuing an appeal and a malpractice action against your past lawyer.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Happy holidays. Kindly rate me five stars.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 8 months ago.
You can only appeal in the state where the decision was issued. Malpractice would be handled where the lawyer resides. Normally a lawyer would handle on contingency fee basis. If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions