Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

I purchased a home in July and I did purchase it as is

Customer Question
Hello I purchased a home...
Hello I purchased a home in July and I did purchase it as is however I did get a inspection done in inspector told me that it would be okay to purchase it it wasn't a money pit or anything of that nature however when we went into the home as I have begin to remodel and we tore the walls down this home has been in a major fire which was covered up by drywall and things like that is there any repercussions that I can take and if so what can I do1
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
11/19/2016
Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Loren, Lawyer

Good evening. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

How were you damaged by the misrepresentation?

I attempted to accept your phone call request and received the following message:
"Payment for this service failed, please do not fulfill yet. We will attempt to reach this customer to fix the situation."

If you can resolve the problem (it is usually a matter of confirming with your bank or credit card that the charge is authorized) I look forward to speaking with you.

Otherwise, I am happy to continue online with you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I feel like I was damaged and misrepresented because this was not the only property involved and I took my inheritance money and I specifically told the realtor that I did not want to waste my money on this you know I did get it at a good price it is on Commercial Way I was downsizing are actually relocating my salon over here because it is a live work space unit and now that I'm tearing down I have put in put on a new roof have the outside painted and now we're in on the inside of it and there was an issue and when I thought it was minor but as we tear down more and more of this wall this place has really been on fire and what they did was they put they lowered the ceilings but they left a lot of the old debris and stuff in there and this is been a fresh fire because you can take your fingers and actually rub that and it's like a fresh ass on there and when I did confront the realtor in a professional manner I asked her did she know that this house has been on fire in her response to me was always a little fire was it a big fire it's not going to hurt to much of anything but like I said I understand that but I also understand that provided me with the inspector because this is the first time that I've ever purchased so I don't know if there's anything that I can do or if I'm stuck I'm just curious what measures I can go to or do I just have to eat Humble Pie and move on
I would not walk away from this, but the as is aspect of the sale will make the claim more difficult to prevail, but you may be able to leverage a settlement.
I would recommend you retain counsel if you are going to move forward with the claim.
If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys). Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:
http://www.martindale.com/Find-Lawyers-and-Law-Firms.aspxIt is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are all peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.
Loren, Lawyer