Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

Can a land lord open my gate to my house and walk around and

Customer Question

hello can a land lord open my gate to my house and walk around and look around my yard and open garage with any body being home??
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: South EL Monte Ca.
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: the country of L.A. is taking him to court. twice and the D.A. as well because he refuses to fix anything.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: what dose he charge per. Hour? and how fast can he jump on this case?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LandlordTenantAnswer replied 10 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

No, the landlord should not be doing this. You have a reasonable expectation to privacy and a right to quiet enjoyment and the landlord should not disturb that. The landlord needs and should give you proper notice if they need to enter the property and home. If this continues, you need to provide them written notice to cease the conduct and if it continues, you could have a basis to break the lease and vacate.