Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I live in Merced County California on a property owned by my

Customer Question

I live in Merced County California on a property owned by my family. This property is in a constant state of disrepair now. My father who co-owns this land refuses to make needed repairs. Resulting in mold growth and no running water for several days even weeks at a time and this has been happening for quite a long time. He also refuses to guarantee my family safety by getting the people off the property who are assaulting us and stealing from us. I'm not sure what to do. I have my infant grandson here and I am also disabled. There has been violence that law enforcement will not even acknowledge I really need help thank you
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 11 months ago.

Hi! I'm Heather. I've been a practicing attorney for the last 15 years, and I'd be happy to assist you for informational and educational purposes.

You say the property is "owned by my family." Are you an owner of the property? If not, do you have a lease, or are you just living there by verbal or informal agreement of your family?