How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 46
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Merced County California on a property owned by my

Customer Question

I live in Merced County California on a property owned by my family. This property is in a constant state of disrepair now. My father who co-owns this land refuses to make needed repairs. Resulting in mold growth and no running water for several days even weeks at a time and this has been happening for quite a long time. He also refuses to guarantee my family safety by getting the people off the property who are assaulting us and stealing from us. I'm not sure what to do. I have my infant grandson here and I am also disabled. There has been violence that law enforcement will not even acknowledge I really need help thank you
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 11 months ago.

Hi! I'm Heather. I've been a practicing attorney for the last 15 years, and I'd be happy to assist you for informational and educational purposes.

Expert:  AttyHeather replied 11 months ago.

You say the property is "owned by my family." Are you an owner of the property? If not, do you have a lease, or are you just living there by verbal or informal agreement of your family?