How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Atty Your Own Question
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 9334
Experience:  I've represented both landlords and tenants.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
N Cal Atty is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother has a tenant that is giving her trouble. The house

Customer Question

My mother has a tenant that is giving her trouble. The house is on her property that he is renting. She had a tree cut part of the tree fell in the back yard, can she go into the yard without his permission?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: California
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: There isn't a lease, the tenant before him had a lease he moved out a few years ago without making a new one for this one
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not at this time
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

She is supposed to give the tenant 24 hours advance notice that she intends to enter the property. If this is a difficult tenant, a written notice would be advisable.

I hope this inforation is helpful.

BTW, she might benefit from having a copy of this, available at most County Law Libraries or on line.