How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 31687
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

House up for sale the tenemts refused a certified letter to

Customer Question

House up for sale the tenemts refused a certified letter to move.
The tenents were refusingto allow the house to beshowed by realestate comp. told tenents house was going to be sold but took house off market. Until house was vacated. What is wrong with asking them to leave
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Roger replied 8 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

There's noting wrong with asking the tenant to move.....and if the tenant is a month-to-month tenant, then they're only entitled to 30 days at a time. If you've issued a notice to the tenant to move and they refuse, the only other option you have is to sue and evict the tenant. This process varies depending on your state.......if you'll let me know what state you're in, I'll try to find a guide for this.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The house wasnt sold but told tenent it was. Is that a problem
Expert:  Roger replied 8 months ago.

No, it's not really an issue IF the tenant only holds a month-to-month lease. In that case, you can give notice and if the tenant doesn't leave, you can sue for eviction.

Expert:  Roger replied 8 months ago.

Here's a good link that outlines the tenancy termination process for Arizona:

Basically, you just have to issue a 30 day written notice to vacate......and if the tenant isn't out after the 30 days expire, you can go to your local small claims court and file an eviction action.

Expert:  Roger replied 8 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!