Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

I am a 74 year old landlord/owner in Yucca Valley, Ca. My 4

Customer Question
yr tenant has decided to...
I am a 74 year old landlord/owner in Yucca Valley, Ca. My 4 yr tenant has decided to quit paying rent starting mid July, 2016; his argument being a roof leak caused a ceiling collapse [approx. 3 x 3] over the bathtub and is causing mold. I called San Bernardino health dept. and explained that the incident was a one-time issue [roof repaired by me]. They indicated any odor of mold would be temporary and would dissipate due to low humidity of the area.
I have explained on more than one occasion that the bathroom is fully functional and the expense of repair is prohibitive due to his refusal to pay past rents [at this time= $2550]. I am at the point of just wanting him out; his history of NEVER paying a full month's rent on time [my sympathetic error] and now this bogus issue is the last straw. A 3 day notice I assume is one option, but I want him out ASAP. Any suggestions? Thank You...Ken
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
11/5/2016
Lawyer: rayanswers, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
rayanswers
rayanswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

The three day notice to quit and then forcible entry and detainer here is the fastest way to get the tenant out under the law.You need to make sure proper notice is given and then file your forcible entry and detanier suit on the fourth day.I know that this is frustrating but under the law this is the best that you can do here.

Self help

http://www.landlord.com/guide_to_eviction_process_ca_summary.htm

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again and good luck with the eviction here.Please let me know if you have more follow up.

Court forms to file for eviction called forcible entry and detainer

http://www.courts.ca.gov/1290.htm

Please let me know if you have more follow up.

If you can positive rate 5 stars when we are done it is always much appreciated.

Thanks again.

rayanswers
rayanswers
rayanswers, Lawyer