Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I will be leaving the place I rented. I gave my notice on

Customer Question

I will be leaving the place I rented. I gave my notice on October 20.The agreement was that I must give 60 days notice. I wrote, and submitted the notice on October 20, when should I legally be out?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: The place is okay. It was a room with my own bathroom, and shared kitchen, but it was not what I was looking for.
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: Maintenance is no problem. The main problem is that as a Nurse, my activities are different from the cotenant, and could cause problems so I am opting to move.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thank you.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

What state or province do you live in?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
You did not answer my question, but it okay, I will just forget it!

No, I can't answer your question until I know where you live. The laws are different in every state. Some places don't allow a person to give notice that terminates mid-month, others do.

If you still have questions, please reply with the information I requested, and I'm happy to help.