Gerald-Esquire
Gerald-Esquire, Other
Experience:  30 Years of experience.
77476456

I have a question if I give my landlord a 30 day notice to

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have a question if I give my landlord a 30 day notice to vacate, and I signed it are they suppose to sign it as well and we both get a copy of the letter.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: California
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: Just to keep apartment clean. There is wear and tear on the carpets that will need to be replace and walls painted due to the fact have lived for 7 years.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Gerald-Esquire replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

You need to be able to prove that you gave the landlord notice. That does not mean that the landlord has to sign the Notice, but it can be that. Or you can send it by mail so that you get a receipt of delivery - either certified mail or FedEx.

This is only necessary to protect yourself in the event that the Landlord denies receiving the Notice.

I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck,

Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your answer, but I live in the Apartment complex, and they should have signed it right there. I have a copy of the letter so I will take it back in the morning
and get both signatures.

That would be easy enough. If they refuse to sign it just take a picture of it on the counter of the office. That would support you if necessary.

Good luck.

Kind regards,

Gerald