How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 57714
Experience:  Experience representing landlords and tenants.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Need some insight into a question regarding a commercial

Customer Question

need some insight into a question regarding a commercial lease in the state of NY, not NYC regarding quiet enjoyment covenant
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: I just told you
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: No......the short version is this.......I am a chiropractor that has approx. 1650 sq feet and have a chines restaurant next door to me sharing a common firewall and the noise that comes from them during normal business hours essentially makes approximately 600 square feet unusable i.e. for treatment, massage therapist etc due to the noise
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 months ago.

I am a lawyer in NY. From facts you mentioned, LL is in breach of the lease, not giving you quiet enjoyment. Normally, this is cured by having LL speak to tenant and also applying padding to walls where feasible to reduce noise. If not feasible or done, you may seek a rent adjustment or to end tenancy and secure return of rent. If a lawsuit is needed, you may seek lost revenues as incidental and consequential damages, reasonably forseeable.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 months ago.

Kindly select a five star rating for the answer.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 months ago.

Thanks in advance.