How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 46
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds


Customer Question

Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  philip.simmons replied 11 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  philip.simmons replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am wondering how much time i have. Heres the condensed version:
The apt. is month to month though originally was a 12 monthnlease, I have been here 5 + years and my 22 year old daughter and I are on the lease. However, I am on SDI and I was having my ex husband help me out with bills and he stayed here quite frequently, the mngrs knew him but dont normally deal with me at all. So, every month he would turn in rent and there was no issues. About 6 months ago things started to go south on that relationship. Ultimately what happened was although he was staying here almost all of the time , he knew I was going to end our partnership and did not pay rent for august or sept. I was not aware as we pay with money orders. around the last week in sept I was able to get him out of the apartment and he took our shared vehical and is now out of state. on Sept. 30
Expert:  philip.simmons replied 11 months ago.

So you are behind in rent, is that correct?