How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 46
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to figure out how to get someone to pay me back the

Customer Question

I need to figure out how to get someone to pay me back the money i gave them to move into a house but we never moved in. I have made countless attempts to get them to pay me back with nothing but wasted time and loss of more money because of the situation as well as a forced relocation to another state, which has cost even more money. Do i file a lawsuit or get an attorney. But considering i am now in a different state for the next few months I'm not sure how to continue.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

What state were you in when you made the agreement? Is the person that owes the money still in that state?

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions