How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 2185
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a travel nurse working at C Fremont Hospital in

Customer Question

I am a travel nurse working at John C Fremont Hospital in Mariposa CA I was staying in an apartment leased to the hospital. When I agreed to move in I explained to the HR director that I could make payments during the month but it would be paid each and every month It was a 2 bedroom apartment and another nurse was staying in the other bedroom
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: During the first couple of weeks the other nurse decided she didn't like rooming with me apparently took some pictures stating that I was leaving the apartment filthy I don't live in filth
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: I don't know the terms of the lease I never signed one
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: There were also some complaints of noise after ten oclock at night I explained that I am always in bed around 9 pm I am asleep at night and I don't make any moise My employer threatened me with my contract of employment if I was not moved out by last Wednesday I had my rent paid in for for the whole month I have been forced to leave the apartment, threatened with my contract and have not received the rent that I had paid
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 11 months ago.
I am very sorry to hear that. You may need to file in small claims court to get the rent back. The challenge though is suing them could likely result in getting fired. I would put this issue in writing to your HR department to see if they can resolve it. If not then the written notice will help if a lawsuit becomes necessary.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 11 months ago.

Let me know if you have any additional questions otherwise a positive rating of 5 stars would be greatly appreciated.