How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 46
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We just received a writ of eviction. We went to our court

Customer Question

We just received a writ of eviction. We went to our court date for the hearing. However, we were directed by the court staff to talk with someone in a side room. This person did not identify themselves as the Plaintiff's Atty until I asked twice who he was. But this was only AFTER we signed the document. We also had an Answer reply to the court for Monday fully intending to FIGHT this eviction as it is illegal discrimination. The property owner refused to accept payment of my rent. They then ignored all contact attempts by me to resolve this mater before the 29th. Today a Sheriff's deputy gave us the writ of eviction.
Once I discovered that the atty lies to us 6 times by telling us the stipulation would NOT allow them to possess the proerty. Being pressed for time and lack of representation, we signed not knowing this was the result.
Was are in Douglas County Colorado Div B Court system.
I NEED AN ATTY FAST. I have funds, I just need your help.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I need an atty that has case rights in Douglas County or can connect me to a Judge that can repeal my stipluation signature and setup a new court hearing.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

We cannot provide representation on this site. I can give you guidance on locating an attorney locally if that would be of assistance and can speak to you on the phone. If you want to speak on the phone let me know and I will send you an offer. If you want guidance on getting an attorney locally let me know that.