Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

I am moving 11/2 into a new senior/subsidized complex in

Customer Question
Webster NY and they will...
I am moving 11/2 into a new senior/subsidized complex in Webster NY and they will not show us an apartment until the day we sign the lease, even though they have their C of O. Is this legal?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Upstate NY
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: I had to beg to get a copy of the lease to review before I sign. Normally the lease is not shown until the day you sign and move in! They have their CofO
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at the moment
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/27/2016
Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Loren, Lawyer

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

What is the reason given for not allowing you to see the apartment you will be renting?

Are you online with me?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank u not interested!

Not interested in what?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not interested in continuing with this inquiry. Pls remove my personal data from
Ur records!

I will opt out. Contact customer care with any account questions.

Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer