Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

I made a stupid mistake and just want to know what I should

Customer Question
Hi, I made a stupid...
Hi, I made a stupid mistake and just want to know what I should do. I just want a free consult
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: New York
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, not yet. My bank account is restricted and my bank is doing an investigation
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I guess i can just tell the story to the lawyer. Or do you want to know the story first
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/25/2016
Lawyer: RobertJDFL, Attorney replied 1 year ago
RobertJDFL, Attorney

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Hi there, can you explain what happened that your bank account is now restricted?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I really need a lawyer in New York who is able to help.

I'll opt out so that if there is a licensed NY lawyer on the site they can respond, just know that we cannot give you legal advice on this site and are not permitted to represent customers. Good luck to you. Please do not respond to this message as it may delay other experts being able to see your question and respond.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I had a couple of checks that were for my rent bounce and the leasing office that is in my apartment complex blocked my account from having any checks deposited. I figured it would be easier to make a fake letter and just get them to approve my checks which would be over and done with. I guess the corporate office sent it to my bank and now they are doing an investigation over the letters. (A) I put fake names, (B) i stated that it was the banks error and to allow me to deposit checks in my account. (C) i never stated that i wanted any money anything. All i wanted was to have checks able to go into my account. I know I messed up. They basically said if they find out it was me they will close my account but they also said that they might press charges. I am upset and not sure what to do
Lawyer: Irwin Law, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney

and the leasing office that is in my apartment complex blocked my account from having any checks deposited.

I do not believe that your apartment complex can legally block a tenant's bank account from accepting deposits; however, your bank can do so when they suspect fraudulent activity in the account. What you need to do is get the correct facts from your branch manager and resolve the problem directly. Then, settle up with your landlord.

I hope that my Answer has been helpful. If you have a follow up question or need more information, please let me know by sending a Reply. Otherwise, Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

Hello again. I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

Irwin Law
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney