How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 46
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The house rented, had major plumbing problems. The sewer

Customer Question

The house rented, had major plumbing problems. The sewer backed up into the house ruining my clothes and some of my furniture. I called the landlord for more than two weeks before she sent a plumber to do the repairs. All of the water pipes in the backyard had rupterd ,causing major water leaks. In turn my water bill was $1800 for one month. How can i get paid for my losses?
Also I was told that any improvements I did to the house i would be reimbursed for them. I have over $10,000. In receipts. How can i get my money?
The house has black mold on the laundry area
The air conditioner has not worked properly since I have been living there. It doesn't cool.
I had to put an $800. Deposit . Plus I paid $1200. A month Rent.
I quit paying the rent money in Sept. Because none of the repairs had been done
Now my landlord has filed an eviction against me and I have to move.
Is there a board of renters association? Or someone that regulates the landlords that I can report my landlord to?
And who would I tell about the black mold, the plumbing issues, the a/c problem , etc?
The house is not up to standards and should have never been rented to anyone until all of the problems, sewer, water system, black mold, and a/c were repaired.
I constantly reported these problems to my landlord, but it did no good.
Can you please guide me as to what I can do to get my money back?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.


I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

What state do you live in?

Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Did you still need help with this?