philip.simmons
philip.simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  10 years experience in the law
11181181

Is there a law I can use to get tenants out of my property

is there a law I can use to get tenants out of my property so I can live there, I am 70, I don't have the funds to evict and I did tell them that I was not renewing the lease.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Oakland ca
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: regular lease for a year but the rent is late and never the full amount., I have not been able to find a copy of the lease but it was the standard
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: what is omi or oni does it have to do with seniors right

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I want to make sure I understand...there was a lease and it has expired? If so, have you provided notice ,to the tenant, that they need to leave?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
only in atext and aface conversations

Thanks
You have to start with notice, in writing. You need to give them 30 days to move. IF they refuse AFTER 30 days? Then you can head to your county court and talk to the clerk of the court. They can give you the forms needed to file for eviction. You can file yourself (you do not need a lawyer). You show up at the hearing, with a copy of the notice you gave them, and the judge will order eviction.

You give the order to the sheriff and they will remove them (if they have not yet left)

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for your answer

Welcome. Thank you for taking the time to accept the answer, I truly appreciate that
phil

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for your Excellent Service 10 out of 10 for your Score

Welcome...thank you :)

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Great 10 out of 10 thanks

Thank you very much