How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 33474
Experience:  Attorney with 30 years of experience representing landlords and tenants.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Bothell in state. I have a roommate that has

Customer Question

I live in Bothell in Washington state. I have a roommate that has smoked in the house which is forbidden under the lease. I asked him to leave September 5 but he is still here and did not pay rent this month. He is not on the lease and we don't have a written agreement. How can I get him out?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

You would give him a 3 day notice to pay or vacate the apartment. If he does not pay or vacate then you file a forcible detainer to get an order of possession and have it executed by the sheriff. The sheriff would then evict him and remove his personal property.

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions