How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stacy Adkins Your Own Question
Stacy Adkins
Stacy Adkins, Lawyer
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 158
Experience:  Law Clerk for 7 years
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Stacy Adkins is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to evict my son's father from my house where I rent.

Customer Question

I need to evict my son's father from my house where I rent.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Palm Beach County, Florida
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I've had a restraining order on him in the past. He is not willing to leave on his own at all. He is not under the lease which has expired about 5 years ago. I think that sums that up for now.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Stacy Adkins replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. Has he been living with you consistently the past several months or years? Has he helped contribute toward any utilities or household expenses (groceries, etc.)?

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions