Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I received an 5 eviction notice. I have half of the money.

Customer Question

I received an 5 eviction notice. I have half of the money. should I respond with the payment that I have? How can I buy myself more time to come up with the balance?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LandlordTenantAnswer replied 11 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Yes, you can try and settle with the landlord and cure/resolve the problem. You can offer to pay half now and then ask them for X number of days, to come up with the rest of the money. They would rather keep you as a tenant and not have to go through the eviction process, so they should be willing to work with you and take half now and the balance in another week or so.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!